PowerHouse Writing For High School
One concept, infinite essays.
PowerHouse Writing (High School)
One Concept. Three Steps. Infinite Essays.
High school students can produce “A” essays with minimal fuss and maximum quality. The long, drawn-out writing process is obsolete in today’s technologically-advanced academic world.
Writing an essay can be simple.
In this course, high school students will:
- Organize essays instantly using essay-specific graphic organizers.
- Format essays into MLA.
- Memorize the simple, no-fail formula for crafting introductions and conclusions.
- Compose the following essays: process, cause-effect, compare-contrast, editorial, problem-solution, and argumentative.
- Review concepts with seven quizzes and a final test.
- Memorize and employ 23 college-level vocabulary words.
- Become equipped with strategies for the ACT and SAT writing tests.
- Read sample “A” essays and excerpts written by former students.
- Earn .5 to 1.0 credit for composition on a high school transcript.
- Practice self-assessment using line-itemed essay rubrics.
- Master the three components of writing excellent essays.
- Use the included PDF Workbook or buy a hardcopy from Amazon.com.
Lisa resides in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin with her husband Travis. Married since 1993, they have three adult children who have all graduated from "Dettinger Academy" and are now blazing their own beautiful paths in life. Lisa has a degree in education that spans PK-12, and has taught professionally in California and Wisconsin at the elementary, middle, high school, and college levels. After teaching writing classes locally for eight years, Lisa created e-courses for grades 4-12. Her work has been published for university classes, teaching journals, virtual charter schools, and homeschools. In addition to her education journey, Lisa is also a professional Christian Life Coach with additional certifications in Spiritual Formation, Clarity and Momentum, and the Color Code (re: core motives). In addition, her book "Fully Whelmed: Shifting from Overwhelm to Overflow" was published in early 2020. Supermoms Coaching Club began as a download from the Lord in which Lisa was inspired to merge her passions: faith, education, life coaching, and supporting homeschool moms.
Why overcomplicate writing? Now it’s easy as 1-2-3:
- Decide which graphic organizer to use. (This determines the thesis and the structure of the essay.)
- Jot a few notes on the graphic organizer.
- Type your essay in MLA while discovering evidence to support your thesis.
Frequently Asked Questions
“My son said he loved the ‘formula’ approach to writing and is actually looking forward to writing his next paper... WOW... I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT FROM HIM!!! Thanks for taking the scariness out of writing for him!”
- Becky H.
"Highly recommend the high school course! My daughter hated writing papers, but I had her take the course while in high school. She is currently in Composition her freshman year of college and has been getting mostly A's on her essays. She thanks me now for making her take Mrs. Dettinger's class😊"
- Janette K.